Skip to main content

Book reviews for books read September 2026

 


September was a crazy month. I seem to be having a lot of those. I have been working at the job more than normal, and the hubby spent 8 days in the hospital.  I read 1 ARC and 2 books off my TBR. I also read a free novella by a new-to-me author that I chose not to mention specifically or review. I try to keep this blog positive and full of reads I can recommend.

I was looking for laughs and these books delivered. Add these to your TBR today.  Until next time, happy reading!


How To Troll a Guy in Ten Days (Accidentally Infamous #3) by Pippa Grant

ARC: Release Date- 10/06/2026

#EnemiesToLovers #SecondChance #RomCom #ARC

I am voluntarily leaving this honest review after receiving an advance reader copy of the book. It is written in first person from an alternating dual POV and ends with a HEA. Though it can be read as a standalone, readers may benefit most from reading the book in publication order.

Mabel is the organized leader and biggest heart responsible for her Aunt Pip and reopening the winery. I absolutely loved her. When she trolled Tennessee, I completely understood why she did it while admiring her creativity and dedication to the task. I absolutely laughed out loud.

Ten is so much more than he seems. He is doing his best to grow into the man he wants to be and to move past they way he has spent his youth. He fell so hard for Mabel, and it was beautiful to read.

Found family, pets, shenanigans, steamy times, and lots of laughs made this a read I won’t soon forget.


A Royal Disaster (Royally Engaged #1) by Jennifer Bonds

#FakeRelationship #LatinxMC #OppositesAttract #Royal #RomCom

Written in third person, this rom com can be read as a standalone and ends with a HEA. Elena is a New Yorker from the east village. She is an artist and a business owner. Her character is half Puerto Rican and half Irish and I loved her personality. She is snarky at times, bold, brave, and kind. I appreciated her extended family and the way Puerto Rican culture plays an important role in the book-because it is important to her character.  I also adored her big family and the way that Spanish is sprinkled liberally throughout the book. I learned some new words, which is always fun for me.

Liam is the Prince Charming I didn’t know I needed. He is charming and dedicated to serving his country and the crown. He learns more about himself through the fake relationship process with Lena than he expects. I loved that he was willing to grow to be the man she deserved. I really liked how much he appreciated Lena because of how different they were and not I spite of it.

Humor, heat, and fun banter made this a very enjoyable read. This was a new-to-me author, and I am looking forward to reading more of her work. 


Late Harvest (Red Wine Supper Club #1) by Cathryn Lyons

#Celebrity #FakeRelationship #GrumpySunshine 

Written in third person, this series starter can be read as a standalone and ends with a HEA. I adored the way the chapter headings included Remy’s affirmations and Bash’s dad jokes. I need to get some of her affirmations for my daily life. This romance contains mature characters. Bash is 49 and Remy is 47. They have both found professional success and a level of personal success that comes with that. They are both articulate, communicate effectively, and speak their minds when needed.  I loved that there are not any juvenile games played between these two- just a honest and fast tumble into a forever kind of love.

Remy’s character is a survivor. As the story unfolds, readers and Bash learn of everything she has been through and conquered to get to where she is. (Sensitive readers should check the CW on the author’s website before reading.)  Bash is a little goofy and very handsome and charming. I love that even with all of his success he is human enough to have self-doubt.  I absolutely LOVED that he falls so hard and fast for the “magnificent” orthopedic surgeon and adores her in all her fierceness. I appreciated that there was still a lot of heat between Remy in Bash. Some later in life romances water this down, and I loved that they have hotter s3x in their 40’s than they probably had in their 20’s.

Secondary characters form a found family that supports and encourages each of them as they need it. I want to be part of the RWSC. I will bring a lovely Cabernet And a snack.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book reviews for books read January 1st-10th

  Happy weekend and Happy 2025! I am starting the year strong. I have read 3 ARCs, 1 full-length novel, and 3 more novellas so far this year. The 3 ARCs were all fun reads, the next book in the Boston Billionaire Bachelors series was a fun ride, and the three monster novellas were still an enjoyable escape from reality.  I am traveling unexpectedly this month after my dad was hospitalized.  I will spend the next week in West Virginia helping my brother and helping my dad get some strength back before I return home. I am hopeful that means some dedicated reading time while I am here since there is no shortage of snow. Until next week, happy reading. The Proposal Play (Love and Hockey #3)  by Lauren Blakely                                                 ARC: Release Date-01/08/2025 #FriendsToLovers #BrothersBestFriend #MoC #Sports #ARC Written ...

Book reviews from the week of November 19th

  Happy weekend!  This week I read four ARCs and a book releasing next week thorough Amazon First Reads.  I hope my reviews can convey how much I loved these books this week.  I am all up in my feels as I write this.  Hopefully, some of these will be just what you are seeking and bring some happiness to your holiday season. I have been thinking a lot lately about romance in general and the romance community in particular.  There is always going to be a negative Nellie here and there, but overall I frequent authors and groups that bring me joy.  I love getting to know like-minded people online.  Then, when we finally get to meet in person it is like reuniting with an old friend instead of meeting a stranger.  Personally, I feel closer to my book friends than many of the people in my "real" life; even some I have known for many years. So in this season of thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for romance.  I am thankful for interesting...

Best Reads of 2025

  Happy New Year! 2025 was a year that did not go as I planned it. I set a lot of BIG reading goals for the year. I was going to finish a whole lot of author back lists. I was going to read more historical romance, because I love them. I was going to read some non-fiction and some non-romance historical fiction. But alas, 2025 had other plans for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer at the end of January, and my reading goals went off the rails as life became all about the next appointment or procedure. So I didn't hit a lot of those goals. I didn't read as many books as I normally do. I opted out of a few ARC teams and several individual ARCs. Thankfully, the authors who give me the privilege of reading their books in advance were very understanding. I have felt loved and supported by the book community this year as I lived this journey with my husband.  So, for 2026 I have rolled goals forward. I will allow myself some grace if I don't meet them. I will allow myself t...