I can't believe it's August already! I was traveling nearly half of July, so I only read 5 books. Three were ARCs and I managed to read two more books in Koko Heart's Cooper Sisters series. They were all wonderful reads. Check my reviews and add to your TBR today.
It’s About Time (Blossom Peak #4) by Harlow James
ARC: Release Date- 07/10/2026
#EnemiesToLovers #FriendsToLovers #FakeRelationship
#SmallTown #ARC
Written in first person from an alternating dual POV, this novel ends in the
sweetest HEA. Though it is technically a standalone, I encourage readers to
read this series in publication order. Dilynne and Elliot have a history that
influences how their relationship progresses that is largely detailed in the
previous book of this series. Also, understanding the relationship between
Elliot and his 3 best friends makes this book all the sweeter.
I should have known that Dilynne and Elliot would be hot
enough to melt my kindle. I really should have known. Under all of Elliot’s
proper and people pleasingness, he is a seriously dirty talking man who knows
how to please a woman. Dilynne is a lucky girl. Aside from their scorching
chemistry, these two also have a ton of witty banter as they snark at one
another. Yet underneath all of that, they both love hard with their soft and
loyal hearts. I love how they move to the point where they trust each other
enough to communicate all the things and move forward.
This is a special couple in a special series. They start as
enemies (and we find out the why here) and become friends. Then they are
finally able to become what they were meant to be for each other. I loved this series.
I wish I had time to reread the whole thing right now. I will be adding it to
my TBR for sure. I can see it as a comfort read that is often reread.
I’ve Got a Crush on You by Lauren Blakely
ARC: Release Date- 07/28/2026
#GrumpySunshine #OneNightStand #Workplace #ARC
I am voluntarily leaving this honest review after receiving
an advance reader copy of the book. It is written in first person from an
alternating dual POV, can be read as a standalone, and ends with a HEA.
Chloe is a wonderful FMC. She doesn’t have it all together,
but she is doing her best. She is bubbly and confident in her abilities as a
dog trainer. She is also firm in standing up for herself. Sawyer is moving past
his broken engagement and his broken heart when he becomes utterly captivated
by the spunky red head. Their one-night
stand was hot and secrets were shared. Then they went their own ways. Until
they ran into each other again…
I loved the banter, the shared secrets, the chemistry that
wouldn’t allow them to stay apart. I also really loved the dogs. There are some amazing pooches in this story.
I loved how Chole was able to pursue her passion of dog training and how
Sawyer’s doggie daycare business worked so well with Chloe’s business. This was
a fun read with everything I’ve come to expect from this author.
The Comeback Plan by S. Jones
ARC: Release Date- 0731/2026
#Workplace #Sports #ARC
I am voluntarily leaving this honest review after receiving
an advance reader copy of the book. It is written in first person from an
alternating dual POV, can be read as a standalone, and ends with a HEA.
Becca is a sports reporter who has fought fkr her place
in a male dominated profession and succeeded. Nate is the star QB for the NFL
team she has been covering when she is assigned to do an exclusive on him. Nate
is known for his grumpiness, but Becca isn't afraid to ask the tough
questions. They start out with some fun banter that quickly evolves into
friendship. They can’t deny their chemistry and become more.
I loved both characters and how comfortable they were with
each other. I liked that they don't have a third act break up. There are
some opposing forces that attempt to cause drama but end up failing. When
things got tough, Becca and Nate pulled together to overcome.
This is an excellent start to a new series.
The Forever Kind (The Cooper Sisters #3) by Koko Heart
#Celebrity #GrumpySunshine #Sports #FamilySeries
Written in first person from an alternating dual POV, this
book ends with a wonderful HEA. Though the love story between Connor and Juliet
is encapsulated in this book, readers will get the most enjoyment reading this
series in the order of publication.
This is a grumpy/sunshine trope where she is the grump and
he is the sunshine. Antony is the optimist. He is hopeful. He believes in love
and happy endings. Honestly, he is a hopeless romantic and I love him. He is
also a dirty talker when he needs to be.
Cleo is the self-professed Queen of Darkness. She deals with
absolutes and doesn’t believe she is cut out for a forever kind of love. Antony
must expend a lot of effort to bring Cleo to the place where she can believe
that forever is possible. I loved her fierceness and her ability to be
vulnerable in the important moments.
The Cooper family is the kind of series that sucked me in and won’t let go. I am really enjoying how each sister is different and has their own journey to get their guy. I adore that the MMCs are exactly what each sister needs. And then there is Marcus; the secondary character that keeps on giving. I can’t wat to see what happens next.
Set Me Free (The Cooper Sisters #4) by Koko Heart
#AccidentalMarriage #FamilySeries #Workplace
Written in first person from an alternating dual POV, this
book ends with a wonderful HEA. Though the love story between Connor and Juliet
is encapsulated in this book, readers will get the most enjoyment reading this
series in the order of publication.
I adore an accidental marriage trope. This was the book I
saw an ad for that led me to the Cooper sisters. Because I am me, I had to read
the first three books in the series first. I am glad I did. Each sister is
unique, yet their relationships with each other are so strong they make the
series what it is. They find their perfect men along the way, but none without
a little work to get there. Emelia is no different. I have loved watching her
as Shark while her sisters found their happy endings. Along the way we have
seen moments of her softer side. This book, we see her fully vulnerable. We got
to know the softer Emelia under the shark shell. Grayson gives her something
she has only ever found with him. I loved how protected and comfortable she is
with him and how she can be herself. Grayson also has trauma to overcome. They
each have to let go to trust each other. I laughed, swooned, and felt their
pain. I appreciated the steamy moments and how Grayson’s dominance gave Emilia
the freedom to submit. This whole series has brought me so much joy and so many
smiles. Next up, I get to read as Marcus gets his HEA too.






Comments
Post a Comment