Skip to main content

Book reviews from the week of August 7th

 


Happy weekend.  This week I read one ARC and finished an audiobook reread of another book I started last week.  Carly Phillips adds to the Kingston Family world with Jade Dare's love story.  You don't want to miss this one.  My listen of Rockaway Bride by Pippa Grant was a fun and relaxing treat. I really enjoyed going back to my first Pippa book with audio and the narrators did a fantastic job bringing the story to life.  I wish everyone a week of happy reading and good stories.


Just One Kiss (Kingston Family #6) by Carly Phillips                                           

ARC: Release Date- 808/16/2022

#FamilySeries #SurprisePregnancy #Fling #ARC

5 STARS

Knox and Jade’s story is written in third person from a dual perspective.  It can be read as a standalone and ends in a HEA.

The attraction and heat between Knox and his stepbrother’s ex-fiancée has always been strong but neither would have ever done anything about it if they hadn’t both ended up single.  When they cross paths again, they decide to give in for just one night.  One night soon becomes a few nights as they keep crossing paths.  A surprise pregnancy soon ties them together while they deal with her ex’s jealousy and Jade’s fears about the future.

I adored Knox.  He is strong, loyal, and loving.  And hot. I love how he looks after Jade, and how he knows he needs to take things slow with her emotionally.  The heat between them is intense and I appreciated the emotional connection they shared. I loved Jade.  I really liked how the author delves into mental health issues, family trauma, and the fears Jade has regarding motherhood.  The deeper elements really made the book.

This was a wonderful read and I really enjoyed reading Knox and Jade’s story. 



Rockaway Bride (Girl Band #3) by Pippa Grant

Narrated By: Savannah Peachwood and Jason Clarke

#Rockstar #Kidnapping #RunawayBride #RomanticComedy #ReRead #Audiobook

5 STARS

Laugh out loud funny. Willow is a completely fresh and irresistible heroine. Dax is the bad boy that girls dream about and he is hot-hot-hot.
This book is full of ridiculously funny situations, seriously attractive (on all levels) characters, and a love story about finding love for the person you really are. I recommend this to anyone needing a love story with some laughs included.

( Note: I did not realize when I started this book that other books by this author precede this one and that those characters make appearances in this book. Though this book is great as a stand alone I will be going back and reading these books from the beginning order now-because I am OCD like that.) 

(Note 2: I have now read everything by this author.  You can't go wrong.)

8/10/22: I listened to the audio of this book as a reread. The book is written in first person from an alternating dual POV. The characters were just as funny the second time around. Savannah Peachwood and Jason Clarke do an amazing job bringing the characters and their story to life. I am truly in awe of their talents. Each one was able to voice the other characters in a believable way during their chapters. This was a great way to revisit an old favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Reads of 2025

  Happy New Year! 2025 was a year that did not go as I planned it. I set a lot of BIG reading goals for the year. I was going to finish a whole lot of author back lists. I was going to read more historical romance, because I love them. I was going to read some non-fiction and some non-romance historical fiction. But alas, 2025 had other plans for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer at the end of January, and my reading goals went off the rails as life became all about the next appointment or procedure. So I didn't hit a lot of those goals. I didn't read as many books as I normally do. I opted out of a few ARC teams and several individual ARCs. Thankfully, the authors who give me the privilege of reading their books in advance were very understanding. I have felt loved and supported by the book community this year as I lived this journey with my husband.  So, for 2026 I have rolled goals forward. I will allow myself some grace if I don't meet them. I will allow myself t...

Book reviews for books read January 1st-10th

  Happy weekend and Happy 2025! I am starting the year strong. I have read 3 ARCs, 1 full-length novel, and 3 more novellas so far this year. The 3 ARCs were all fun reads, the next book in the Boston Billionaire Bachelors series was a fun ride, and the three monster novellas were still an enjoyable escape from reality.  I am traveling unexpectedly this month after my dad was hospitalized.  I will spend the next week in West Virginia helping my brother and helping my dad get some strength back before I return home. I am hopeful that means some dedicated reading time while I am here since there is no shortage of snow. Until next week, happy reading. The Proposal Play (Love and Hockey #3)  by Lauren Blakely                                                 ARC: Release Date-01/08/2025 #FriendsToLovers #BrothersBestFriend #MoC #Sports #ARC Written ...

Book reviews from the week of November 19th

  Happy weekend!  This week I read four ARCs and a book releasing next week thorough Amazon First Reads.  I hope my reviews can convey how much I loved these books this week.  I am all up in my feels as I write this.  Hopefully, some of these will be just what you are seeking and bring some happiness to your holiday season. I have been thinking a lot lately about romance in general and the romance community in particular.  There is always going to be a negative Nellie here and there, but overall I frequent authors and groups that bring me joy.  I love getting to know like-minded people online.  Then, when we finally get to meet in person it is like reuniting with an old friend instead of meeting a stranger.  Personally, I feel closer to my book friends than many of the people in my "real" life; even some I have known for many years. So in this season of thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for romance.  I am thankful for interesting...