Skip to main content

Book reviews from the week of November 22nd:

 


It was a slower reading week here as I celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday with my family.  But now, my belly is full, the Christmas decorations are up, and I am ready to fully embrace the holiday season and all of the books it has to offer.




Home (Fated #0.5) by H.L. Packer
ARC: Release Date- 12/01/2020
#WorkplaceRomance #ForcedProximity #RomanticComedy #HolidayRomance #ARC

4.5 STARS

This debut novella is a quick holiday read. Cassidy and Devon work at the same law firm in London. They do not realize that they are each carrying the cutest crush for each other until weather and circumstances put them together for a road trip.
This book reads very Love Actually as there is heat, humor, romance, and awkward situations. Cassidy is confident at times and a complete mess at others. Devon is smart, uber-attractive, and all-muscle with a kind heart. He falls hard and fast for Cassidy and I adored his possessiveness and need to look after her. There is lots of British snark and sass in their banter. I liked the characters and felt like they were well-developed given the short novella length of the book.
This novella is written in first person from a dual POV. Though this is the author’s debut, I felt the writing was excellent, the pacing was good, and I am certainly looking forward to future books by her. I recommend this if you want a quick and sassy holiday read.





Best Friends Don't Kiss by Max Monroe
ARC: Release Date- 11/28/2020
#FriendsToLovers #FakeRelationship # Romantic Comedy #HolidayRomance #ARC

5 STARS

Ava and Luke.  Best friends for 15 years.  They know each other incredibly well.  They have been with each other through thick and thin.  They are ride or die for each other.  An eventually, through the course of pretending to be more than friends, they realize that they have loved each other as more than friends for a very long time.  I love their friendship, their unwavering acceptance and support of each other, and the heat that builds between them.  Christmas with Ava’s family is an absolute riot and her great aunts are hysterical.   There are cameo appearances from the OG billionaires and the book club billionaires and all their ladies.  They add an element of hilarity (sort of a “we’ve been in your shoes” element) and I enjoyed catching up with the gang along the way.  This book made me laugh, swoon, and break out the fan a few times.  Luke and Ava have a HEA that is especially sweet.  I adore this writing duo, and this book was fantastic. It is written in first person from a dual POV.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book reviews for books read January 1st-10th

  Happy weekend and Happy 2025! I am starting the year strong. I have read 3 ARCs, 1 full-length novel, and 3 more novellas so far this year. The 3 ARCs were all fun reads, the next book in the Boston Billionaire Bachelors series was a fun ride, and the three monster novellas were still an enjoyable escape from reality.  I am traveling unexpectedly this month after my dad was hospitalized.  I will spend the next week in West Virginia helping my brother and helping my dad get some strength back before I return home. I am hopeful that means some dedicated reading time while I am here since there is no shortage of snow. Until next week, happy reading. The Proposal Play (Love and Hockey #3)  by Lauren Blakely                                                 ARC: Release Date-01/08/2025 #FriendsToLovers #BrothersBestFriend #MoC #Sports #ARC Written ...

Book reviews from the week of November 19th

  Happy weekend!  This week I read four ARCs and a book releasing next week thorough Amazon First Reads.  I hope my reviews can convey how much I loved these books this week.  I am all up in my feels as I write this.  Hopefully, some of these will be just what you are seeking and bring some happiness to your holiday season. I have been thinking a lot lately about romance in general and the romance community in particular.  There is always going to be a negative Nellie here and there, but overall I frequent authors and groups that bring me joy.  I love getting to know like-minded people online.  Then, when we finally get to meet in person it is like reuniting with an old friend instead of meeting a stranger.  Personally, I feel closer to my book friends than many of the people in my "real" life; even some I have known for many years. So in this season of thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for romance.  I am thankful for interesting...

Best Reads of 2025

  Happy New Year! 2025 was a year that did not go as I planned it. I set a lot of BIG reading goals for the year. I was going to finish a whole lot of author back lists. I was going to read more historical romance, because I love them. I was going to read some non-fiction and some non-romance historical fiction. But alas, 2025 had other plans for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer at the end of January, and my reading goals went off the rails as life became all about the next appointment or procedure. So I didn't hit a lot of those goals. I didn't read as many books as I normally do. I opted out of a few ARC teams and several individual ARCs. Thankfully, the authors who give me the privilege of reading their books in advance were very understanding. I have felt loved and supported by the book community this year as I lived this journey with my husband.  So, for 2026 I have rolled goals forward. I will allow myself some grace if I don't meet them. I will allow myself t...