Skip to main content

Book Blog Tour: One Last Time by Roxie Noir

 


One Last Time (Loveless Brothers #5) by Roxie Noir

#SecondChanceRomance


Blurb:

Seth Loveless has been my weakness since I was sixteen years old.

 

One Last Time, an all-new second chance romance with all the feels from Roxie Noir, is available now! 

 

Two years ago, I moved back to my hometown. I started a business, bought a house, took up yoga, and went on hiatus from dating. Life is good.

If I never had to see Seth, it would be perfect.

After all, my history with my ex-boyfriend is anything but simple. It’s taken us years, but we’ve finally learned to live in the same town without killing each other.

Is there an elaborate set of rules governing our every casual interaction?

Yes.

Do I still think dirty, off-limits thoughts every single time I see him buying apples at the grocery store?

Of course. I’m only human, and Seth and I are practically experts at the two F’s: fighting, and…

 ...sleeping together.

Still, we’re managing just fine.

And then?

He shows up at my sister’s wedding. The man looks like pure sex in a suit, handsome as the devil himself and twice as charming.

Worse, he claims he’s my date.

We flirt.

We dance.

We break every one of our carefully-crafted rules, and we… should stop.

Too bad I’m having the time of my life.

I know I should end it. After all the heartbreak, hurt, and anger we can’t be more than enemies.

But Seth asks me for one more night.

Just one night.

Then, we’re back to being virtual strangers to each other.

I know I should turn him down.

I know this ends with my heart shattered into a million pieces.

I know lunacy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

 

But I’ve always been bad at resisting a weakness.

 

One Last Time is a standalone romantic comedy and the final book in the Loveless Brothers series.

 

Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gT9s3T

Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/OneLastTime

 

Add One Last Time to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2ELsZ9h


Excerpt:

Delilah takes one more drink straight from the bottle..

“It’s a clockwork heart,” she says. “My stepmom still doesn’t know because it’s a giant tattoo right on my chest, and I think it might give her a stroke.”

A memory taps at me, floats into my brain: Delilah, holding a fruit basket at my front door, pulling her shirt to cover gauze.

“Seems like she’s about to know if I figured it out,” I say, taking the bottle back.

“She’s got better things to do right now,” Delilah says, shrugging.

I take a drink.

“Than stare at your tits?” I ask. “Like what?”

Right here, right now, I cannot think of a better pastime to save my life.

“I thought we were friends, Seth.”

“It’s a friendly stare,” I say, but I lift my eyes to her face. “Friends can’t look at tattoos?”

Suddenly the lights in the hall dip low, until they’re almost out, then slowly brighten. When they stop, they’re dimmer than they were before.

“How long have you had it?” I ask.

It’s so quiet in this hallway that I think I can hear the old house settling, each individual wooden slat shifting a millimeter down.

“Two years and change,” she says quietly, her eyes meeting mine.

My hand drifts to her waist, and she moves into me. A tiny, almost imperceptible movement, amplified until her warmth under my hand is all I can feel.

I can feel her breathing under my fingers. I can feel her heart beat, thumping away, and I force myself not to read into the timeline or into the tattoo.

Instead I lean into her, again. My face against hers, again, the feeling that my bones are dissolving at her nearness, the feeling that I’ve forgotten how to breathe.

“Do you have anything new?” she asks, her voice nearly a whisper.

“No tattoos,” I say, and I keep tracing the flowers on the lace with my fingertips, pressing into her soft flesh, and she puts her hand on my chest, her thumb sliding between the buttons on my shirt. I don’t know if it’s an accident or not, but either way, she doesn’t move it back.

“I did something stupid and got a new scar. It’s on my shoulder, I’ll show you if you want.”

Delilah gasps, the tiniest, slightest gasp.

“Right now?” she murmurs.

“Unless you’d rather see it later.”

Now her hand is on the tie that she loosened earlier, the lightest pressure pulling against the back of my neck.

“What else?” she asks.

“That’s all.”

“Two years and nothing else has changed?”

I haven’t been with anyone else. I haven’t even kissed anyone else, not since the last time we were together, not since she moved back to town.

Before, when she was hundreds of miles away, I could push her from my mind. I could forget about her for hours at a time.

Now, that’s impossible.

“Two years, three months, and sixteen days,” I say, my voice rough and raw with the truth, and there’s a pull at the back of my neck as she pulls at my tie and finally, finally, I kiss her.

I feel like a stadium when the lights go out. Like a concert hall when the orchestra stops tuning and suddenly plays the first note of a symphony. The background noise stops and the note swells, shifts, breaks into harmony.

This is all there is.




My Review:

5 STARS

Finally Together

Seth and Delilah finally get their day.  This is a second chance romance that is written in first person from a dual POV.

I love Seth.  His heart is huge, and he has loved Delilah for so long, mostly in a way that was self-destructive.  He has been a man-whore and has a well-earned reputation.  Delilah and Seth were high school and college sweethearts.   They have a lot of history.  They have said some very mean things to each other.  They have hurt each other over and over. Their relationship has been kind of toxic.  There were times when I wanted to hate Delilah.  There were times that I wanted to shake Seth and tell him he deserved so much better and to stop letting her in.  He is mean to her though too, deliberately causing her pain.   It was understandable, but still painful to read.  It was so good when they break the old patterns and act in a mature manner.  Their HEA is not easily obtained and they have to work at it, but it is worthwhile.

I loved reading about the Loveless family chaos again. I enjoyed the small town, and that Delilah is not your typical southern belle.  There is lots of heat, some angst, and finally: hope.  A very enjoyable conclusion to the Loveless Brothers series.




About Roxie

I love writing sexy, alpha men and the headstrong women they fall for.

 

My weaknesses include: beards, whiskey, nice abs with treasure trails, sarcasm, cats, prowess in the kitchen, prowess in the bedroom, forearm tattoos, and gummi bears.

 

I live in California with my very own sexy, bearded, whiskey-loving husband and two hell-raising cats.

 

Connect with Roxie

Amazon: https://amzn.to/31ab2a6

Facebook: http://bit.ly/2YyYtDh

Twitter: http://bit.ly/2SRXTPK

BookBub: http://bit.ly/2owNy18

Join her reader group The Roxettes: http://bit.ly/2K5fRLU

Stay up to date with Roxie by joining her mailing list: http://bit.ly/2SVTlb7

http://roxienoir.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book reviews for books read January 1st-10th

  Happy weekend and Happy 2025! I am starting the year strong. I have read 3 ARCs, 1 full-length novel, and 3 more novellas so far this year. The 3 ARCs were all fun reads, the next book in the Boston Billionaire Bachelors series was a fun ride, and the three monster novellas were still an enjoyable escape from reality.  I am traveling unexpectedly this month after my dad was hospitalized.  I will spend the next week in West Virginia helping my brother and helping my dad get some strength back before I return home. I am hopeful that means some dedicated reading time while I am here since there is no shortage of snow. Until next week, happy reading. The Proposal Play (Love and Hockey #3)  by Lauren Blakely                                                 ARC: Release Date-01/08/2025 #FriendsToLovers #BrothersBestFriend #MoC #Sports #ARC Written ...

Book reviews from the week of November 19th

  Happy weekend!  This week I read four ARCs and a book releasing next week thorough Amazon First Reads.  I hope my reviews can convey how much I loved these books this week.  I am all up in my feels as I write this.  Hopefully, some of these will be just what you are seeking and bring some happiness to your holiday season. I have been thinking a lot lately about romance in general and the romance community in particular.  There is always going to be a negative Nellie here and there, but overall I frequent authors and groups that bring me joy.  I love getting to know like-minded people online.  Then, when we finally get to meet in person it is like reuniting with an old friend instead of meeting a stranger.  Personally, I feel closer to my book friends than many of the people in my "real" life; even some I have known for many years. So in this season of thanksgiving, I would like to give thanks for romance.  I am thankful for interesting...

Best Reads of 2025

  Happy New Year! 2025 was a year that did not go as I planned it. I set a lot of BIG reading goals for the year. I was going to finish a whole lot of author back lists. I was going to read more historical romance, because I love them. I was going to read some non-fiction and some non-romance historical fiction. But alas, 2025 had other plans for me. My husband was diagnosed with cancer at the end of January, and my reading goals went off the rails as life became all about the next appointment or procedure. So I didn't hit a lot of those goals. I didn't read as many books as I normally do. I opted out of a few ARC teams and several individual ARCs. Thankfully, the authors who give me the privilege of reading their books in advance were very understanding. I have felt loved and supported by the book community this year as I lived this journey with my husband.  So, for 2026 I have rolled goals forward. I will allow myself some grace if I don't meet them. I will allow myself t...